Formal Concern Form and Process


Resolving school concerns and disagreements
Howard County Public School System

When concerns outside special education arise, parents and guardians are encouraged to direct their concerns to the persons most closely involved. However, when an informal process fails to provide resolution, a parent may file a formal complaint and seek review at a higher administrative level. In both processes, the intent is to protect the confidentiality and preserve the dignity of everyone involved. Concerns may be submitted by parents, guardians, custodial parents, or students.

Read more.

For concerns related to special education, see A Parent’s Guide to Due Process in Special Education.