HCPSS Behavior Specialists


Each Howard County public school is assigned a behavior specialist. In order to access the behavior specialist, the special education team leader (or instructional team leader) at your school should contact the school’s assigned instructional facilitator at the Department of Special Education to arrange for a consult. Parents are encouraged to discuss behavioral issues and consults with school-based staff (the ITL or the school psychologist). However, should parents need additional assistance, they may call the Department of Special Education at 410.313.6837. For students in kindergarten in need of support, schools or parents should contact the Office of Early Intervention at 410-313-7017. View the list of behavior specialists for the 2018-2019 school year.